Wednesday 29 April 2009

Ahoy There!

And welcome aboad the craziest cruiser on the Norfolk Broads!

As it turns out there is so much going on this year with regards to the 'Nurburgring plan' it has been put on hold till 2010, which is a shame.

In the meantime however, i've decided to take a trip to the Norfolk Broads with Antonia, Naomi and Mark. We all know each other really well and as far as silly couple things go it should be a hoot.




The boat in question is a 42ft Cruiser called 'Star Time 2' and looks like this bad boy here. Considering the biggest thing I have ever sailed is an 16ft Enterprise then it ought to be a pretty steep learning curve.

We all went out for a curry to discuss the finer points of what we should be taking with us, apart from most of the written off stock from at least two different Wine-Racks. Unsurprisingly I thought it would be rather entertaining if we got some 'nautical themed costumes'... As you do. Of course, I want to actually pick up the boat dressed in said attire. I'm not entirely sure they will let us walk away with it, but nonetheless I am growing my beard for the occasion regardless.


Mark foolishly suggested we should buy RC Boats to race down the narrow waterways... Of course such a throwaway comment is never lost on me and I quickly bagged one off Amazon.












Unfortunately, the night in question that I ordered the above boat, I happened to be working. As usual I was a little 'out of sync' with the whole Daytime/Sleep/Alertness ratio and when I read 30 inches in length I thought of my old ruler from school (It was 30cm/12inches). I held my palms out in front of me and thought "Yeah, that will be cool" and placed the one click order.

Two days later Antonia comes in my room at about 15:00 saying "What have you been ordering?" and brings in a box the size of which I can only describe as a 'Coffin for a medium sized dog'. It's my last night at work for two days now, so it will be going on charge when at get home at about 07:00 Thursday morning and depending how much sleep I feel like having, considering if i don't get up early I lose a day off. Then it's straight down the local resevoir for some trial runs!

No comments: