Sunday 9 May 2010

Swiss Army Wife


I don't know if you have one of these, technically neither do I... Not yet. There's pretty much nothing Antonia doesn't do to not only keep herself busy and active, but to bring in a little bit more money.

She's a Personal Trainer with some highly amusing clients, some of them pretty much pay her to just go through, do a little excercise and mainly have a nice long chat. She also works at a garden centre cafe on the Ashdown Forest and is loved by all there. Not only that but after work all day she comes back home and cleans some of the local office's in the village we live in. During the spring months she also helps out one of the local farmers in his Lambing efforts, bringing little bounding bundles of future Sunday Dinners out into the world.

Somehow she still finds time to do the washing, pick me up from the station, tinker in the garden and make dinner. Quite simply, she is a legend and i would be lost without her. In ref to the last post, as i am now being picked up from the station. It all went well and i am now working at Psychic TV. The hours are friendlier and to be fair getting up at 05:32 in the morning isn't so bad, it beats driving through Streatham and Brixton at any time. The latest shift at Psychic finishes at 03:00 and on one day a week at 04:00. Since i can be home 1 hour later, that doesn't offend me so much as when i was getting home at 07:10. At least now i can still technically get up at 10:00 having had enough sleep to not just 'zombie it' through the following day.

I have picked up my camera again and have started snapping once more. I feel i have the time to do this now. The team i now work with are very pro-active in outside projects, a few have just finished some very promising documentaries here's a trailer for 'If They Were Heard' by Ben Gorman.

I agreed to shoot a festival the other day one of my village acquaintances was organising. It seemed like a good opportunity to get back into the swing of things after so long. The following are some of my favourites. I shall be uploading some backdated photos in the next blog, feel free to get in touch if you like any or want me to come round and photograph you naked... What? Who said that?
Fire-Chain and nearly a full clock face.
A lot of consideration for fire safety was taken into
account as thousands of pounds worth of tech was
placed on bales of straw.
Easily my favourite shot was taken at about 01:55 using a
Fish-Eye lens on 30 second exposure.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

swiss army when am I going to be your wife....?x